Be gentle, my first english "pattern".
1) Cast stitches on to the long knitting needle, other socks stitches after the other, use number or half bigger needles than you are going to use for your socks. Use two skeins or both ends of the same skein.
3) Split stitches in half from the sock you last moved (first cast on = yarn in the middle of circular needle), pull the cable so that first and last stitch of the sock are side by side, start knitting (in this sock K2P2)
4) When you have finished the first row of the first sock, divide stitches in the other sock like you did with first, pull the cable the same way so first and last stitches are side by side and knit the first row in the second sock
5) Continue to knit. First stitches in both socks (or sleeves or mittens or what ever you are doing) are aligned in the middle of the circular needle.
6) I knit socks like this in full, only the little part after heel flap (the bottom of the heel?) I do one sock at a time, but still with circular needle.